The history of Shitamachibobsleigh
History from the beginning of the project up to now.
- Ota City Industrial Promotion Association staff began the project from that visited the factory that is with 2 sheets of standing documents of the bobsled.
- Published a sled development plan to open the press conference.
- Participation in volunteer called on Ota town factory to open the production briefing.
- Completion of the first Shitamachi Bobsleigh.
- Debut at All Japan championship and win.
- It signed a cooperation agreement with the Japan Bobsleigh, Luge, and Skeleton Federation.
- Held the Unit 2 and Unit 3 of the parts production briefing for Sochi Olympics.
- Unit 2 and Unit 3 is completed. Japan Federation and the press conference.
- Rejection from the Federation because of lack of time for trial runs.
- Participation in All Japan championship without the Federation and finish in the second place.
- Trial runs by former German driver and highly evaluated.
- Trial runs in Austria.
- Announcement about aiming for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
- Completion of the fourth and fifth bobsleds.
- Test runs with new structures in Europe.
- Use of the new structures to the third and fifth bobsleds.
- Passed the regulation review by the FIBT.
- Japan Federation adopted determine the sled made in Germany.
Shitamachibobsleigh is the second time rejected notice.
- Offer other countries for the use of the Shitamachibobsleigh.
- Jamaica Bobsleigh Federation’s visit to Japan and decision on the usage of the Shitamachibobsleigh.
- Test runs with the Jamaica team in Lake Placid in the US.
- Agreement signed in Jamaica Bobsleigh Federation and Shitamachibobsleigh.